PV to San Francisco – 150 Miles to San Diego

Rough afternoon yesterday with winds to 29 knots and confused seas. Engine issue reappeared. Once again while running on the port (large) tank. Repeated the process that fixed it a few days again and the problem went away. Wish I knew what it was that was fixing it. Also switched to the stbd tank and the problem has not reappeared. So….hopefully between the 40 gallons initially in that tank and the 35 gallons in my jugs we can make it to San Diego. If not, we’ll get close and then probably drift in no wind for 12 hours!!
Actually, if that happens, I’ll strain the stbd fuel through coffee filters if I have to to get the rest of the way!!!
Conditions moderated overnight. Relatively smooth seas and 8 knots of wind right now.
Long may that last!!
-Jim
PS> Oh, almost forgot that the bolt holding the second full length batten to its slide broke yesterday at the absolute peak of the winds. Had to drop the main in 28 knots and replace it before re-hoisting. That was fun!!!
———-
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see:
http://www.sailmail.com

PV to San Francisco – 270 Miles to go

Left Turtle Bay (finally) at 2am last night. Very light air in the harbor, turned into 15-18 within an hour or so with pretty big seas. But, the spacing of the seas was pretty good so it was not difficult. Have now made our way North of Cedros Island and the wind is down under 10 knots with the seas dropping as well.
Back in our 2 on 4 off cycle and making tracks for San Diego.
All is well!
-Jim
———-
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see:
http://www.sailmail.com